Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Beginnings

Wow!!! I am simply overwhelmed by what Jesus Christ is doing in my life! This blog is a place of new ministry for me and I hope to be a source of encouragement to all who read and a challenge as I journal all that God does. I have so many things that God is placing in my heart and I am excited about what is going to happen!!!

On August 1st we are beginning forty days of prayer and in the next few weeks we are going to get out of our comfort zones and try some change in our church (something that scares me to death but has to happen or we will be content with where we are and never allow God to take us to where He wants us to be). We are going to be changing the order of our worship service and in September our service times will be changing upside down and we will be having morning worship at 10:30, Sunday school at 5:30 p.m., and evening worship at 6:30 p.m.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey! Your blog looks good!
Love you guys!
Rebecca

Kim said...

Hi Johathan,

I just got Rebecca's email regarding your Blogs. I am looking forward to getting them. In your 1st blog you where talking about changes with in the church. I know what that's like. We have been going thru alot of changes w/ the new preacher. All of them good but some older members don’t like changes. Changes are what we need and we have been doing the same things since you came there. Same old ways. LOL. Plus we are finally starting our new Fellowship Building and have had several problems with that. I really got frustrated with it several months ago and was ready to step down from everything and the church but I knew I was not doing the right thing. I love that church and the people that go there and know that some people do not adjust to change as well as others. I just keep reminding my self that I am there to serve God and everything I do is for him. I just try not to let stuff bother me as bad. (still working on that) I am so tickled at what the Lord is doing in your life and you will be a great preacher. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to call us.

Love ya
Kim