A relationship issue! Man how many times have people been hurt by someone else and have just given up on church. Maybe you or someone you know has given up on church because of this very issue. You know I believe the problem can be a two part problem.
1. We have our eyes on the wrong relationship
2. The problem is not handeled
We have one relationship that truly matters and thats our relationship with Christ. When our eyes are anything other than this relationship we get our priorities messed up (praise God for Chad and his response). So the question is how do we keep our eyes on Jesus? I believe that it is a life of discipline mixed with the grace of God. We have to be spending time with Jesus and I promise if you are not your eyes will not be on Him. Secondly, we have to realize that we can “love Jesus because He first loved us” 1 John 4:10. Our love for Him is developed in His love for us. Let me say this if you are not having a quiet time, personal devotion, etc. you are cheating yourself from all the intimacy that you could experience in a relationship with Christ.
The problem not being handled is a major issue in the church. Mercy is one my spiritual gifts which makes it tough to address certain issues but let me say that you still have to do it when it needs to be done. If you are a leader of any type in the church and you love the people that God has blessed you with then deal with issues like broken fellowship. If you don’t take care of these problems then they will turn into deeper problems like bitterness. People may not like you at that moment but it’s for their best.
How awesome is Jesus Christ
- We moved to Shoal Creek trusting it to be God’s will. Abby (my wife) did not have job and we have taken some flack (from people who loved us) over the whole deal. But we both agreed that God would take care of us. Abby started her new job yesterday at Stephens County High School (in your face satan!!!!!!).
- We have been praying now for 14 days straight as a church (26 days to go) and I believe that hell might be getting a little nervous!
- We have a new outreach minister
- We have a new children’s minister
- Our Sunday school director is fired up
- And if Jesus Christ does not return before Sunday than I get to go to Church and worship the “King of Kings and the Lord of Lords”.
When Anxiety Attacks
5 months ago