Wednesday, January 28, 2009

God's Grace

We try so hard in life and it seem's to make no difference. I believe much of our problem is the simple fact that we try and don't allow Jesus to do the complete work in every situation. Here are a few things to keep in mind.

1- Which are you applying more of your time to: strengthing yourself or strengthing your faith. When we make ourself stronger we are setting ourselves up for a big let down because we are not good enough! Most of us go through life in our own strength and it leaves us worn out from all the struggles this life throws our way. We have to grow our faith in God's grace and understand that He is going to have to perform the work in our heart and not us. How can we fix something that we don't even understand like our heart.

2- God's grace is bigger than our problems. Ok, this may be simple but why do so many not get this. Not only is God's grace bigger than our problems but it's bigger than us. There are times we want God to take of our problems when we really need Him to take care of us.

3- Get past the cross! I love the fact that Jesus died on the cross, that He carried my sins and nailed them right there, and I can have forgivness for my sins. But I want more than that, I want to be more like Him. You have to go past the cross to the resurrection and then to heaven where Jesus lives for us now. So many Christians are still at the cross. I want to get to Jesus.

No comments: